Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome has been selected to receive the 2014 Secretariat Vox Populi Award.
A National Film Board of Canada's documentary, Secretariat's Jockey, Ron Turcotte, will premiere during Kentucky Derby Week in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of Secretariat's historic Triple Crown campaign.
Five horses who generated headlines for their feats in 2012 have been nominated for the third annual Secretariat Vox Populi ("Voice of the People") Award.
Penny Chenery, who raced the great Secretariat, has announced that Horse of the Year Zenyatta will be the recipient of the inaugural Secretariat Vox Populi ("Voice of the People") Award.
The anonymous bidder who recently purchased the gold winner's trophy earned by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby is no stranger to such hardware.
The blanket worn by Secretariat after his victorious career finale in the 1973 Canadian International Championship sold for $21,600 after being offered online through E-bay and Secretariat.com, the official Web site for the champion racehorse.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3