Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Even-money choice Pussycat Doll, returning from a layoff of nearly nine months, proved anything but vulnerable with her third grade I win in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap at Santa Anita Sunday.
Pussycat Doll, off the racing trail since winning the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) May 6, returns in an ambitious spot -- Sunday's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita -- where she faces nine tough rivals going seven furlongs.
Ten 3-year-old fillies, including three shippers and the 1-2-3 finishers in Del Mar's grade II San Clemente Stakes, will head to the gate Saturday for the 50th running of the grade I, $400,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Reunited with jockey Victor Espinoza, Attima rebounded from her last-place finish in the American Oaks (gr. IT) by dominating the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the Del Mar turf course.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training