Jockey John Velazquez said Jan. 12 he is "coming along pretty well" as recovers from serious injuries sustained in a spill at Santa Anita Park during the Breeders' Cup and hopes to resume race riding in February.
Jockey John Velazquez, who is recuperating from injuries suffered Nov. 2 when when his mount Secret Compass broke down during the running of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), reports he expects a full recovery.
Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez, injured in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), was resting a day later after undergoing surgery on his spleen, according to a Jockeys' Guild official.
Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez, injured in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), was undergoing surgery later that afternoon according to officials at Santa Anita Park.
Sweet Reason, winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) while earning a 98 Beyer Speed Figure, drew post 9 of 10 for the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Kaleem Shah's Fed Biz worked four furlongs in a quick :46 3/5 to lead a bevy of Breeders' Cup World Championships contenders who were on the track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 27.
Westrock Stables' Secret Compass prevailed over favorite She's a Tiger in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park Sept. 28 for trainer Bob Baffert.
She's a Tiger and Fascinating, the one-two finishers in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I), square off again, this time around two turns, in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Sept. 28.
Unbeaten Concave, a game half-length winner of the recent Sorrento Stakes (gr. II), and runner-up She's a Tiger renew their battle in the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Aug. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus