A Kentucky lawmaker has introduced legislation that would impose a 3.5% tax on out-of-state advance deposit wagering companies that take bets from Kentucky residents.
The International Horsemen's Wagering Assurance Group, which intends to recapture pari-mutuel revenue and funnel it to horsemen, jockeys, and racetracks, announced it has officially opened a secondary pari-mutuel operation with a hub in Las Vegas and call center in Curacao.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection