A Kentucky lawmaker has introduced legislation that would impose a 3.5% tax on out-of-state advance deposit wagering companies that take bets from Kentucky residents.
The International Horsemen's Wagering Assurance Group, which intends to recapture pari-mutuel revenue and funnel it to horsemen, jockeys, and racetracks, announced it has officially opened a secondary pari-mutuel operation with a hub in Las Vegas and call center in Curacao.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny