A Kentucky lawmaker has introduced legislation that would impose a 3.5% tax on out-of-state advance deposit wagering companies that take bets from Kentucky residents.
- By Tom LaMarra
The International Horsemen's Wagering Assurance Group, which intends to recapture pari-mutuel revenue and funnel it to horsemen, jockeys, and racetracks, announced it has officially opened a secondary pari-mutuel operation with a hub in Las Vegas and call center in Curacao.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation