A Kentucky lawmaker has introduced legislation that would impose a 3.5% tax on out-of-state advance deposit wagering companies that take bets from Kentucky residents.
The International Horsemen's Wagering Assurance Group, which intends to recapture pari-mutuel revenue and funnel it to horsemen, jockeys, and racetracks, announced it has officially opened a secondary pari-mutuel operation with a hub in Las Vegas and call center in Curacao.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby
- Tattersalls Opens with Healthy Rise in Median