A Kentucky lawmaker has introduced legislation that would impose a 3.5% tax on out-of-state advance deposit wagering companies that take bets from Kentucky residents.
- By Tom LaMarra
The International Horsemen's Wagering Assurance Group, which intends to recapture pari-mutuel revenue and funnel it to horsemen, jockeys, and racetracks, announced it has officially opened a secondary pari-mutuel operation with a hub in Las Vegas and call center in Curacao.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned