A study on former racehorses transitioned to second careers indicates a large percentage of them are acquired from their owners, not auctions.
The inaugural Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium, dedicated to developing second careers for retired Thoroughbred racehorses, will be held in Baltimore. Twenty-six trainers from the U.S. and Canada will participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular