A study on former racehorses transitioned to second careers indicates a large percentage of them are acquired from their owners, not auctions.
The inaugural Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium, dedicated to developing second careers for retired Thoroughbred racehorses, will be held in Baltimore. Twenty-six trainers from the U.S. and Canada will participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab