A study on former racehorses transitioned to second careers indicates a large percentage of them are acquired from their owners, not auctions.
The inaugural Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium, dedicated to developing second careers for retired Thoroughbred racehorses, will be held in Baltimore. Twenty-six trainers from the U.S. and Canada will participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid