Our Nautique, given a heady front-running ride by Keven Krigger, led all the way at 19-1 odds to register his first North American stakes win in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Bold Chieftain, who won his first graded stakes in last year's San Francisco Mile, will defend his title at Golden Gate Fields April 30 on the turf after returning from retirement earlier this year.
Caracortado, the California-bred gelding whose rags-to-riches story led to a shot on last year's Triple Crown trail, has moved to the turf where he is one of the favorites for the March 5 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT).
Bourbon Bay, the West Coast's premier turf marathoner for most of 2010, takes on last season's late-developing Champ Pegasus in the $150,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita on Martin Luther King Jr. Day Jan. 17.
Sidney's Candy, making his first start since finishing sixth in the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) last month, is the one to beat in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) on opening day of the 2010-11 Santa Anita meet.
Fantastic Pick will face four of the horses he defeated in the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) last month when he goes for his first grade I victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby Nov. 28
A modest group of eight 3-year-olds attempt to break through for a first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf course Oct. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm