Dual classic winner California Chrome came out of his unplaced finish in the Sept. 20 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) in good order and is on course for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Gallant Stables' Majestic Harbor circled horses in the far turn, flew past fading favorite Game On Dude, and powered to the wire to register a clear victory in the Gold Cup at Santa Anita Stakes (gr. I) June 28.
Grade III winner Majestic Harbor, nearing a start in the $500,000 Gold Cup at Santa Anita (gr. I), worked five furlongs the morning of June 22 in a bullet :58 4/5 under regular rider Tyler Baze.
With Tyler Baze at the controls, Majestic Harbor seized control going to the three eighths pole in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) March 29 at Santa Anita Park, opening up an insurmountable lead and winning easily.
Jockey Tyler Baze earned his first win since returning from an alcohol-related suspension when he guided Changethechannel to a front-running tally in the featured $58,000 Venus Purse allowance Jan. 10 at Santa Anita Park.
On paper, it seems as though multiple graded stakes winner Acoma is moving in the wrong direction. The 4-year-old daughter of Empire Maker has been way off her game in her last two starts, finishing sixth and ninth, respectively, in the July 19 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) and Oct. 10 First Lady (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Lemon Chiffon, a lightly-raced 6-year-old mare, hopes to spring an upset in the $250,000 Gamely Stakes (gr. IT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles on the Hollywood Park turf May 30.
A Forest Camp colt was among the fastest workers Sunday at Fairplex Park during the second and final under tack show for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out