A well-timed ride from Luis Contreras propelled Breaking Lucky to his first graded stakes win in the $150,000 Seagram Cup (Can-III) Aug. 1 at Woodbine.
Bulldog Racing's Alpha Bettor came from off the pace Aug. 3 to win the $153,343 Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine for a second straight time.
Alpha Bettor produced a 23-1 upset in the $152,202 Seagram Cup (Can-III) when he edged City Wolf by a half-length for his first stakes victory Aug. 4 at Woodbine.
James Street is back to defend his title in the $150,000 Seagram Cup (Can-III) against six opponents over the Polytrack Aug. 4 at Woodbine.
Sand Cove, the odds-on favorite in a four-horse field, captured his sixth career stakes event in wire-to-wire fashion by winning the Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 8 at Woodbine.
Five-time stakes winner Sand Cove is the 121-pound highweight in a field of five older horses entered in the Aug. 8 Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Artie Hot slipped through an opening along the rail to challenge even-money choice True Metropolitan at the eighth pole and gamely prevailed in the $148,281 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine July 27.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Gouldings Green showed his versatility while repeating his victory of last year in Sunday's CAN$150,000 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Tucci Stables' champion mare One for Rose captured her second straight Seagram Cup (Can-III) Saturday at Woodbine, besting a field of older colts and geldings in the $161,500 (Canadian) feature.
Alleged Ruler, a 4-year-old son of A.P. Indy, takes on five rivals, including champions One for Rose and Wake at Noon, in Saturday's $161,100 Seagram Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting