Acclamation, easy winner of the Jim Murray Memorial Handicap on May 15, drops back in distance when he faces 11 opponents in the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on June 5.
Acclamation earned his first graded stakes win and snapped an 11-race losing streak when he dominated his rivals in the $150,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) in a 14-1 upset on the Hollywood Park turf May 15.
Perhaps encouraged by the absence of Bourbon Bay, 11 horses were entered in the $150,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. II) to be contested May 15 over the Hollywood Park turf.
British raider Scintillo outran Italian star Gladiatorus in the final furlong to capture the Gran Criterium (Ity-I) for 2-year-olds at San Siro Oct. 14 by a half-length.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park