Kent Desormeaux showed Sunday night that his ability to get the most out of a racehorse is not the only talent he has retained from his youth. The jockey displayed good form when throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at New York's Shea Stadium prior to the June 1 night game between the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers.
The owners of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Big Brown are close to concluding a deal to sell the future breeding rights in the son of Boundary.
Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Big Brown shipped into Churchill Downs April 28, exhibiting the same ease with which he earned his latest five-length victory.
IEAH announced July 10 the commencement of construction on its equine medical facility at Belmont Park, and a groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for July 13. The project has been in the making for more than three years, and the scope of the project has grown substantially due to the enormous demand.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Cavorting Drops a Level to Prioress
- First Winner for Adios Charlie
- Pinnacle Peak Ships to Monmouth for Sapling