Rolling Fog held sway over 8-5 favorite Know More in the Del Mar Futurity Sept. 5, giving trainer Bob Baffert a record 11th win in the closing-day feature and jockey Rafael Bejarano a record 13th stakes score at the meet.
Twelve juveniles will contest the 65th running of the $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I), the Southern California oval's traditional closing-day headliner Sept. 5, including the precocious Best Pal Stakes winner Know More.
J. Paul Reddam and trainer Doug O'Neill have been known to take their chances, and their latest paid off when first-time starter Know More surged late to prevail in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 5 at Del Mar.
Modestly-bred Scherer Magic, a $50,000 claim who captured a graded stakes in just his second start, takes another big step in his progression with the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Del Mar Aug. 5.
Scherer Magic was in the garden spot when odds-on favorite Amarish gave way in the stretch, and the former claiming horse captured the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) July 14 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Two Paths Toward Integrity