The winning Canny Lad mare Our Pride and Joy topped trading on the final day of the select portion of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, which saw overall total receipts soar and an unprecedented clearance rate.
With overall strength of the re-formatted Magic Millions Perth yearling sale squarely at the top of the market, the auction concluded Feb. 20, paced by an Oratorio colt purchased for $100,000 (US$103,175).
Australia claimed the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) for the fourth time in seven years as Scenic Blast produced a superb turn of foot and rocketed to a three-quarters length victory in the five-furlong contest at Royal Ascot June 16.
The Australian and New Zealand racing seasons officially end July 31, and this year, the stallion winners by progeny earnings are comprehensive and clear cut.
Leading West Australian trainer Fred Kersely ventured east with his star Marasco for a fifth time and finally landed the chocolates at Flemington on Sept. 8.
The Magic Millions Perth yearling sale, which ended in Australia Wednesday, established records for gross revenue and average price during its two select sessions.
The Magic Millions Perth yearling sale opened Tuesday in Australia, with 101 horses selling for a gross of $2,548,000.
Consistently solid results has seen former shuttler Scenic welcomed back to the eastern seaboard after three years in Western Australia
Coolmore shuttle stallion Danehill, who is gearing up for another Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Australia, topped both the general and 2-year-olds list by Australian progeny earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Belmont Re-accredited By Safety Alliance
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset