Unbeaten champion Awesome Feather puts her seven-race winning streak on the line against nine opponents in the $250,000 Gazelle Stakes (gr. I) at Aqueduct Nov. 26.
WinStar Farm's Savvy Supreme made her two-turn debut a winning one in the $159,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III), as she dug in late to hold off favored Miss Valentine Aug. 13 at Monmouth Park.
Strike the Moon, who just missed winning the Delaware Oaks (gr. II) last month, heads a field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $150,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. I) Aug. 13 at Monmouth Park.
Undaunted by Turbulent Descent's defeat as the odds-on choice in the Acorn Stakes (gr. I), Southern California trainer Mike Puype returns to New York to try his filly in the $250,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 6.
Turbulent Descent, the only filly with grade I status entered in the TVG Acorn Stakes, will be tough to beat if the excellent form she has exhibited on the California circuit and Keeneland carries over to Belmont Park.
Distorted Humor, who stands at Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., reached the 100 mark by number of stakes winners when his daughter Savvy Supreme won the Classy Mirage Stakes May 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive