Save Big Money was represented by his first winner when Mama's Mad Money posted an upset victory at 7-1 odds in the July 5 Iowa Stallion Stakes at Prairie Meadows.
The first foal by stakes-placed Save Big Money is an Oklahoma-bred colt out of the Track Barron mare Gunner's Niece.
Save Big Money, a multiple stakes-placed son of Storm Cat, has been retired to stud at Dr. Warren and Linda Center's Mighty Acres in Pryor, Okla. He will stand for $2,500 live foal.
The 5-year-old gelding won for the first time in nearly 18 months Jan. 12 at Fair Grounds.
The turf event at Fair Grounds will test 10 older horses, five of which met each other last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend