Defendant Bruce Headley has reached an out-of-court settlement with Jess Jackson in the billionaire horseman's high-profile lawsuits, and has apparently agreed to cooperate in the investigation against his former associates.
Attorneys representing Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Farm have filed a lawsuit in a Kentucky federal court, leveling charges of fraud in the $17.5 million sale of the former Buckram Oak Farm.
The Kentucky Real Estate Commission says that four of the principal defendants named in Jess Jackson's prominent fraud lawsuit violated state laws in providing unlicensed real estate services to the California vintner and horseman in connection with the $17.5 sale of the former Buckram Oak Farm near Lexington.
Attorneys for Jess Jackson have filed a motion for summary adjudication in the California winemaker's lawsuit against bloodstock agent Emmanuel de Seroux and his Narvick International agency.
Attorneys for Emmanuel de Seroux and his Narvick International bloodstock agency issued a statement late Tuesday saying their client has done nothing wrong and, in fact, is owed money by Jess Jackson, the California winemaker who sued de Seroux and five others for alleged fraudulent misrepresentation in numerous bloodstock transactions from 2003-05.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's Astra unleashed a furious stretch run to defeat Beautiful Noise and five other older fillies and mares in Saturday's $250,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita. Kent Desormeaux booted home the 5-year-old Theatrical mare after running the 1 1/4 miles in 2:01.33 on a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special