California Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation that increases from 32 to 50 the limit on the daily number of imported races on which a racing association or fair simulcast facility in the state can accept wagers.
California's aging satellite wagering network got a wake-up call from the new chairman of the state's horse racing board during its meeting Feb. 19 at Santa Anita Park.
In a move to expose horse racing to more people, California satellite wagering can get up to 45 new outlets, including sports bars and card clubs, under a new law signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- By Nick Hahn
A bill that would issue Secretariat License Plates has been introduced in the Virginia General Assembly. Proceeds from the plates would go to the development of the Secretariat Museum at Meadow Farm in Doswell, the place of Secretariat's birth.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start