State regulators in New York have acted quickly to issue a new rule letting racetrack-based casinos operate an extra two hours a day.
Churchill Downs is partnering with Saratoga Casino and Raceway on a proposed resort-style casino near Albany.
Facing community and local government opposition, backers of a long-planned full-scale casino at Saratoga Springs' harness track have retreated on the idea, instead focusing on a new site near Albany, N.Y.
Saratoga Harness Racing Inc., which last year acquired an ownership interest in Ellis Park in western Kentucky, said Jan. 29 it has completed its purchase of Fitzgeralds Casino Black Hawk in Colorado.
The "Riders Up!" jockey karaoke competition will be held in Saratoga to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine