State regulators in New York have acted quickly to issue a new rule letting racetrack-based casinos operate an extra two hours a day.
Churchill Downs is partnering with Saratoga Casino and Raceway on a proposed resort-style casino near Albany.
Facing community and local government opposition, backers of a long-planned full-scale casino at Saratoga Springs' harness track have retreated on the idea, instead focusing on a new site near Albany, N.Y.
Saratoga Harness Racing Inc., which last year acquired an ownership interest in Ellis Park in western Kentucky, said Jan. 29 it has completed its purchase of Fitzgeralds Casino Black Hawk in Colorado.
The "Riders Up!" jockey karaoke competition will be held in Saratoga to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan