State regulators in New York have acted quickly to issue a new rule letting racetrack-based casinos operate an extra two hours a day.
Churchill Downs is partnering with Saratoga Casino and Raceway on a proposed resort-style casino near Albany.
Facing community and local government opposition, backers of a long-planned full-scale casino at Saratoga Springs' harness track have retreated on the idea, instead focusing on a new site near Albany, N.Y.
Saratoga Harness Racing Inc., which last year acquired an ownership interest in Ellis Park in western Kentucky, said Jan. 29 it has completed its purchase of Fitzgeralds Casino Black Hawk in Colorado.
The "Riders Up!" jockey karaoke competition will be held in Saratoga to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- F-T Kentucky July Sale Catalogs 332 Yearlings
- Keen Ice Breezes Half-Mile for Belmont
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Live Chat - Friday, June 5 at NOON EDT
- Catching Up With Better Than Honour
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day