Jay Em Ess Stable's homebred Suave overcame a stumbling start to give trainer Paul McGee his first Saratoga graded stakes victory, carrying jockey John Velazquez to a 2 ¾-length victory in the $245,000 Saratoga Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at 10 furlongs before a crowd of 55,503.
Evening Attire showed once again that he likes Saratoga. The 6-year-old gelded son of Black Tie Affair squared off with last year's champion Funny Cide and Bowman's Band in the stretch and came home a five-length winner in the good time of 2:00.83 in the 1 1/4-mile Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide will make his first start at Saratoga on Sunday when heads a field of eight in the 87th running of the grade II, $250,000 Saratoga Breeders' Cup at 1 1/4 miles.
Bella Bellucci, who has won five of seven career starts, and You, winner of the grade I Test Stakes three weeks ago, top a field of seven 3-year-old fillies who will contest Saturday's grade I, $750,000 Alabama Stakes at Saratoga. Also on the card, handicap males will contest the grade II, $300,000 Saratoag Breeders' Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory