The Indiana Court of Appeals has found in favor of the Indiana Racing Commission in a case in which it barred Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association executive director Ed Martin, Jr. from the state's tracks.
A U.S. district court has thrown out litigation brought by former Thoroughbred owner/breeder Ed Martin Jr. against trainers Randy Klopp and Joe Davis.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has appointed attorney William Diener as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing Commission to replace Sarah McNaught, who has stepped down effective July 2.
Ed Martin Jr., has filed a federal suit against the Indiana Horse Racing Commission stemming from an investigation into horses kept at his farm in Florida.
Following an attempt earlier this year by the Indiana legislature to reduce the amount of funds from slots at racetracks that are allotted to the horse racing industry, the Indiana inspector general made the same suggestion.
Paul Bowlinger, Sarah McNaught, and Charla Ann King were the top recipients at the RCI annual awards dinner April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Beauty Parlor Wins U.S. Debut in Orchid
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Streaking Chocolate Ride Wires Mervin Muniz