The Indiana Court of Appeals has found in favor of the Indiana Racing Commission in a case in which it barred Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association executive director Ed Martin, Jr. from the state's tracks.
A U.S. district court has thrown out litigation brought by former Thoroughbred owner/breeder Ed Martin Jr. against trainers Randy Klopp and Joe Davis.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has appointed attorney William Diener as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing Commission to replace Sarah McNaught, who has stepped down effective July 2.
Ed Martin Jr., has filed a federal suit against the Indiana Horse Racing Commission stemming from an investigation into horses kept at his farm in Florida.
Following an attempt earlier this year by the Indiana legislature to reduce the amount of funds from slots at racetracks that are allotted to the horse racing industry, the Indiana inspector general made the same suggestion.
Paul Bowlinger, Sarah McNaught, and Charla Ann King were the top recipients at the RCI annual awards dinner April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race