Shadwell Estate Co. bought a Raven's Pass filly for 520,000 Euros (US$706,454), the highest price at the opening of session of Goffs Orby yearling sale Oct. 2 at Kildare Paddocks in County Kildare, Ireland.
A Giant's Causeway filly, the second foal out of 2005 Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner Saoire, was the star of Goffs Orby yearling sale's opening session in Ireland Sept. 29. She commanded the highest price of 475,000 euros ($695,124 in U.S funds) from bloodstock agent Hugo Merry, who was acting on behalf of Dr. Jim Hay.
Dual Guineas winner Attraction takes on 2005 Guineas winners Virginia Waters and Saoire in Saturday's group I Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes at Leopardstown.
Saoire made trainer Frances Crowley the first licensed woman trainer to win an Irish Classic when she rallied in the final strides to win the Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at Curragh Sunday with Mick Kinane aboard.
Chelsea Rose gave veteran trainer Con Collins his first group I success in 20 years when she captured the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-old fillies at The Curragh Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches