Grade II winner J Be K will relocate to Haras Santa Ana in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
Roy, who was one of the best sires in South American history, and who secured a place in the history books by reaching the 100 mark by number of stakes winners, died Jan. 7 of a respiratory ailment at Haras La Esperanza in Argentina.
A daughter of Deputy Minister led the closing session of the two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed sale at the auction company's Newtown Paddocks. Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm purchased the mare for $180,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency consignment of 200 mares from the estate of the late John Franks.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday