Grade II winner J Be K will relocate to Haras Santa Ana in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
Roy, who was one of the best sires in South American history, and who secured a place in the history books by reaching the 100 mark by number of stakes winners, died Jan. 7 of a respiratory ailment at Haras La Esperanza in Argentina.
A daughter of Deputy Minister led the closing session of the two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed sale at the auction company's Newtown Paddocks. Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm purchased the mare for $180,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency consignment of 200 mares from the estate of the late John Franks.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow