Grade II winner J Be K will relocate to Haras Santa Ana in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
Roy, who was one of the best sires in South American history, and who secured a place in the history books by reaching the 100 mark by number of stakes winners, died Jan. 7 of a respiratory ailment at Haras La Esperanza in Argentina.
A daughter of Deputy Minister led the closing session of the two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed sale at the auction company's Newtown Paddocks. Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm purchased the mare for $180,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency consignment of 200 mares from the estate of the late John Franks.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting