Idolo Porteno powered clear of rivals in the final furlong and comfortably won the Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini (Arg-I), South America's flagship race Dec. 13 at Hipodromo San Isidro in Buenos Aires.
Sir Winsalot romped to a widening 12-length triumph in the Gran Premio 25 de Mayo (Arg-I) May 25 at San Isido, leaving nine rivals toiling in his wake including Argentina Horse of the Year Soy Carambolo.
Ordak Dan earned an automatic starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) later this year when he won the Gran Premio 25 de Mayo (Arg-I) at San Isidro racecourse in Buenos Aries.
Going Somewhere closed powerfully along the inside and wore down favorite Indy Point to win the Gran Premio Internacional Carlos Pellegrini (Arg-I), South America's marquee race, Dec. 15 at San Isidro in Buenos Aires.
Interaction, a 3-year-old son of Easing Along, won the Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini (Arg I) at 2400 meters 1 1/2 miles) on turf at San Isidro Racetrack, in Buenos Aires, Argentina Dec. 12.
Think about the winners of two legs of the last Triple Crown and a winner of the biggest handicap, in the same race. This occurred June 27 at San Isidro, Argentina, a racecourse with a European style during the country's championship day, the Carreras de las Estrellas, which is patterned after the Breeders' Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- RMTC Nears Recommendation on Calming Agent
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn