Multiple graded stakes winner Wildcat Red exited his fifth-place finish in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Classic with a right hind injury, trainer Jose Garoffalo said Jan. 19.
Josie Delfino, owner of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) entrant Wildcat Red is the latest industry member to speak out about her recent experience at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Jose Garoffalo spent May 6 at Gulfstream Park waiting for Wildcat Red to arrive home for a well-earned break from racing after his troubled and bloody 18th-place finish in the May 3 Kentucky Derby.
This year, Venezuelan-born trainer Jose Garoffalo and owner Salvatore Delfino have ventured into exciting new territory--the Triple Crown trail with Fountain of Youth (gr. II) contender Wildcat Red.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win