Multiple graded stakes winner Wildcat Red exited his fifth-place finish in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Classic with a right hind injury, trainer Jose Garoffalo said Jan. 19.
Josie Delfino, owner of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) entrant Wildcat Red is the latest industry member to speak out about her recent experience at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Jose Garoffalo spent May 6 at Gulfstream Park waiting for Wildcat Red to arrive home for a well-earned break from racing after his troubled and bloody 18th-place finish in the May 3 Kentucky Derby.
This year, Venezuelan-born trainer Jose Garoffalo and owner Salvatore Delfino have ventured into exciting new territory--the Triple Crown trail with Fountain of Youth (gr. II) contender Wildcat Red.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill