Multiple graded stakes winner Wildcat Red exited his fifth-place finish in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Classic with a right hind injury, trainer Jose Garoffalo said Jan. 19.
Josie Delfino, owner of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) entrant Wildcat Red is the latest industry member to speak out about her recent experience at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Jose Garoffalo spent May 6 at Gulfstream Park waiting for Wildcat Red to arrive home for a well-earned break from racing after his troubled and bloody 18th-place finish in the May 3 Kentucky Derby.
This year, Venezuelan-born trainer Jose Garoffalo and owner Salvatore Delfino have ventured into exciting new territory--the Triple Crown trail with Fountain of Youth (gr. II) contender Wildcat Red.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- The One That Got Away
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps