Stonestreet Stables' Hierro broke his maiden over the Churchill Downs main track as a juvenile and returned a winner under the Twin Spires April 28 in the $200,000 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III).
Zayat Stables' Baroness Thatcher, running Saturday for the first time for trainer Patrick Biancone, took advantage of a stalking trip under Garrett Gomez to win the $108,200 Santa Ysabel (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George