Salomina charged through a gap along the rail and swept to an impressive 3 1/2-length victory in the Henkel-Preis der Diana, or German Oaks (Ger-I) at Dusseldorf Aug. 5.
Lune d'Or recorded a smooth two-length victory in the Premio Lydia Tesio (Ity-I) at Rome's Capannelle Sunday, leading a French one-two in the 1 1/4-mile test for fillies and mares.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker