Salomina charged through a gap along the rail and swept to an impressive 3 1/2-length victory in the Henkel-Preis der Diana, or German Oaks (Ger-I) at Dusseldorf Aug. 5.
Lune d'Or recorded a smooth two-length victory in the Premio Lydia Tesio (Ity-I) at Rome's Capannelle Sunday, leading a French one-two in the 1 1/4-mile test for fillies and mares.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Neuman Set to Call Los Alamitos Winter Meet