Dal Cielo won the Diamond Stakes, and Sakhee's Soldier took the New Zealand Stakes in a group I doubleheader March 7 at Ellerslie.
Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
Topped by a Sakhee's Secret colt, the Tattersalls December Foal Sale began Nov. 24 with across-the-board increases in key statistical categories.
Red Clubs earned a long overdue group I win with a decisive victory in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Park Sept. 8
Marchand D'Or came on with a late run to capture his second consecutive Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville August 5.
With sprinters gathered from around the world -- Australia, Germany, South Africa, France, and Ireland, it was British-based Sakhee's Secret who captured the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Chanceland Farm Take Top Awards at MHBA Yearling Show
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win