Dal Cielo won the Diamond Stakes, and Sakhee's Soldier took the New Zealand Stakes in a group I doubleheader March 7 at Ellerslie.
Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
Topped by a Sakhee's Secret colt, the Tattersalls December Foal Sale began Nov. 24 with across-the-board increases in key statistical categories.
Red Clubs earned a long overdue group I win with a decisive victory in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Park Sept. 8
Marchand D'Or came on with a late run to capture his second consecutive Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville August 5.
With sprinters gathered from around the world -- Australia, Germany, South Africa, France, and Ireland, it was British-based Sakhee's Secret who captured the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat