Dal Cielo won the Diamond Stakes, and Sakhee's Soldier took the New Zealand Stakes in a group I doubleheader March 7 at Ellerslie.
Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
Topped by a Sakhee's Secret colt, the Tattersalls December Foal Sale began Nov. 24 with across-the-board increases in key statistical categories.
Red Clubs earned a long overdue group I win with a decisive victory in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Park Sept. 8
Marchand D'Or came on with a late run to capture his second consecutive Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville August 5.
With sprinters gathered from around the world -- Australia, Germany, South Africa, France, and Ireland, it was British-based Sakhee's Secret who captured the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic