A field of eight older horses, including last year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide, was entered Friday for Sunday's $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans.
Three grade I winners, headed by Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Funny Cide and Blue Grass (gr. I) and Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) winner Peace Rules, are among the nine horses likely for Sunday's $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds in New Orleans.
Trainer Bobby Frankel continues his seemingly insatiable quest for graded stakes wins Monday when he sends John Amerman's Urban King in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds running a mile and an eighth on the turf.
Excessivepleasure, ridden by Jon Court, upset 1-2 favorite Champali with a gate-to-wire track-record romp in the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.
Champali, June's winner of the Northern Dancer stakes at Churchill Downs, emerges as the slight favorite in Saturday's fifth running of the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow