After winning the 2015 Last Tycoon (gr. IIIT) at the distance by 3 1/4 lengths at odds of 42-1, the 6-year-old son of Sageburg wowed again at 10 furlongs May 29 in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT).
Garryrichard Stud announced Nov. 26 it has acquired the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) winner Sageburg to stand his first season in Ireland in 2015. His stud fee has not been set yet.
France-based stallion Sageburg sired his first stakes winner from his first crop when his undefeated 2-year-old daughter Peace Burg squeezed out a narrow victory in the group III Prix d'Aumale over a mile at Chantilly. read blog
Perennial bridesmaid Duke of Marmalade finally broke through for his first stakes victory, capturing the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 27 by a determined half-length over Saddex. The race marked the first group I race of the European flat season.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ