After winning the 2015 Last Tycoon (gr. IIIT) at the distance by 3 1/4 lengths at odds of 42-1, the 6-year-old son of Sageburg wowed again at 10 furlongs May 29 in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT).
Garryrichard Stud announced Nov. 26 it has acquired the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) winner Sageburg to stand his first season in Ireland in 2015. His stud fee has not been set yet.
France-based stallion Sageburg sired his first stakes winner from his first crop when his undefeated 2-year-old daughter Peace Burg squeezed out a narrow victory in the group III Prix d'Aumale over a mile at Chantilly. read blog
Perennial bridesmaid Duke of Marmalade finally broke through for his first stakes victory, capturing the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 27 by a determined half-length over Saddex. The race marked the first group I race of the European flat season.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Shipley Named President, GM of Fair Grounds
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe