After winning the 2015 Last Tycoon (gr. IIIT) at the distance by 3 1/4 lengths at odds of 42-1, the 6-year-old son of Sageburg wowed again at 10 furlongs May 29 in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT).
Garryrichard Stud announced Nov. 26 it has acquired the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) winner Sageburg to stand his first season in Ireland in 2015. His stud fee has not been set yet.
France-based stallion Sageburg sired his first stakes winner from his first crop when his undefeated 2-year-old daughter Peace Burg squeezed out a narrow victory in the group III Prix d'Aumale over a mile at Chantilly. read blog
Perennial bridesmaid Duke of Marmalade finally broke through for his first stakes victory, capturing the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 27 by a determined half-length over Saddex. The race marked the first group I race of the European flat season.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns