After winning the 2015 Last Tycoon (gr. IIIT) at the distance by 3 1/4 lengths at odds of 42-1, the 6-year-old son of Sageburg wowed again at 10 furlongs May 29 in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT).
Garryrichard Stud announced Nov. 26 it has acquired the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) winner Sageburg to stand his first season in Ireland in 2015. His stud fee has not been set yet.
France-based stallion Sageburg sired his first stakes winner from his first crop when his undefeated 2-year-old daughter Peace Burg squeezed out a narrow victory in the group III Prix d'Aumale over a mile at Chantilly. read blog
Perennial bridesmaid Duke of Marmalade finally broke through for his first stakes victory, capturing the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 27 by a determined half-length over Saddex. The race marked the first group I race of the European flat season.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity