A fund-raising effort helped raise more than $65,000 for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance in conjunction with the Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, the Maryland Jockey Club announced June 16.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced May 8 that Sagamore Racing will be the named sponsor of the $300,000 Pimlico Special (gr. III) May 15.
Tell a Great Story will be scratched from the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) after breaking out in hives the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga Race Course, according to Tom Mullikin, Sagamore Racing's general manager.
Sagamore Farm's Walkwithapurpose was scratched from the May 17 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) because of a bruised foot.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah's Haskell Stopover
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- AAEP Seeks EIPH Treatment Alternatives
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Contessa Sets Racing Education Clinic Dates
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand