Sagamore Racing has appointed Hunter Rankin as president to oversee and guide the professional horse racing team and its farm operations, the Glyndon, Md.-based farm announced May 17.
Sagamore Racing announced March 2 its fourth annual Thoroughbred Naming Contest.
Sagamore Racing announced Aug. 10 that general manager Tom Mullikin is leaving the operation to pursue other opportunities in the Thoroughbred industry.
A fund-raising effort helped raise more than $65,000 for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance in conjunction with the Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, the Maryland Jockey Club announced June 16.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced May 8 that Sagamore Racing will be the named sponsor of the $300,000 Pimlico Special (gr. III) May 15.
Tell a Great Story will be scratched from the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) after breaking out in hives the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga Race Course, according to Tom Mullikin, Sagamore Racing's general manager.
Sagamore Farm's Walkwithapurpose was scratched from the May 17 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) because of a bruised foot.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win