A Preakness tradition, the Alibi Breakfast gives trainers a chance to offer up an 'alibi' before the second jewel of the Triple Crown. This year there were few alibis and a lot more confidence from the connections.
Shared Account, winner of last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), is booked to leading second-crop sire Bernardini.
Shared Account, winner of last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) and seventh in this year's running in what proved to be her final start, has been retired from racing.
Ralph G. Kercheval, who managed Alfred G. Vanderbilt's Sagamore Farm in Maryland during the days of Native Dancer, died Oct. 6 in Lexington after a long illness.
Don Litz looked over the crowd and then looked over the valley. He took a deep breath. Finally, his dream was realized.
Roo Art, a millionaire and two-time grade I winner, died Aug. 13 from chronic kidney failure at Joe and Sharon Kirby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
A trio of Marylanders has joined with one of Kentucky's -- and the world's -- premier horse farms to build a thoroughbred breeding center in Maryland that they fervently believe can become the region's leading breeding operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot