A Preakness tradition, the Alibi Breakfast gives trainers a chance to offer up an 'alibi' before the second jewel of the Triple Crown. This year there were few alibis and a lot more confidence from the connections.
Shared Account, winner of last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), is booked to leading second-crop sire Bernardini.
Shared Account, winner of last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) and seventh in this year's running in what proved to be her final start, has been retired from racing.
Ralph G. Kercheval, who managed Alfred G. Vanderbilt's Sagamore Farm in Maryland during the days of Native Dancer, died Oct. 6 in Lexington after a long illness.
Don Litz looked over the crowd and then looked over the valley. He took a deep breath. Finally, his dream was realized.
Roo Art, a millionaire and two-time grade I winner, died Aug. 13 from chronic kidney failure at Joe and Sharon Kirby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
A trio of Marylanders has joined with one of Kentucky's -- and the world's -- premier horse farms to build a thoroughbred breeding center in Maryland that they fervently believe can become the region's leading breeding operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Slow Five-Furlong Move for General a Rod
- Rebel Winner Hoppertunity Works at Churchill
- Ria Antonia, Napravnik Aboard, Breezes
- How Hong Kong's On-Track Pharmacies Work
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Changes at Pedigree Consultants, TrueNicks
- Gary Player to Speak at Owners Conference