Shuruq won by a convincing four lengths in the $250,000 United Arab Emirates Oaks Sponsored by Al Dana Wealth Management (UAE-III) Feb. 28 at Meydan while leading in a one-two-three finish for Godolphin.
Godolphin Racing's Girolamo put away Riley Tucker in mid-stretch en route to a decisive victory in the $350,000 Vosburgh Stakes(gr. I) Oct. 2 at Belmont Park.
It looks as though a full field of 14 runners will contest the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I)--the world's richest horse race--March 27 at Meydan Racecourse.
Pyro, one of the favorites in last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), captured his first stakes in more than a year when he came from off the pace and out-finished Kodiak Kowboy in the $300,000 Forego (gr. I) Sept. 5 at Saratoga.
Godolphin Stable's Seventh Street continued her dominance over an off track, as she wore down Spritely in mid-stretch and went on to win the $300,000 Go For Wand Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 2 at rainy Saratoga. It was the fifth victory in eight starts for the 4-year-old daughter of Street Cry, who became a multiple graded stakes winner.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29