The Saddle Brook Jockey Club will be operated by Corey Johnsen's Magellan Gaming company. It will offer simulcast wagering and dining in a sports bar experience.
The Saddle Brook Corp. of Amarillo, Texas, is blazing a new trail on undeveloped land expected to be home to a new racetrack in the Lone Star State.
Groundbreaking ceremonies for Saddle Brook Park, a proposed racetrack and entertainment center in Amarillo, Texas, are set for June 19. Plans call for Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing.
At the request of owner and breeder Keith Asmussen, the Texas Racing Commission on June 27 voted to take applications to construct a Class 2 or Class 3 track in the Laredo area. The Asmussens, in partnership with Sam Houston Race Park, hope to convert their El Primero Training Center into a racetrack and simulcasting facility.
A $14-million racetrack/amphitheater has been announced for Amarillo, Texas. Construction on the facility, along Interstate 40 near the famous Cadillac Ranch art display, is expected to begin this summer. It will provide more than 400 jobs upon completion. The 275-acre track-amphitheater complex is being built by Yellow Rose Entertainment Inc., along with strategic managing partner Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate