The three-day session one portion of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne premier yearling sale ended Feb. 29 in Australia with an increase of 4.3% in the median price from a year ago.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club kicked off its 2011 racing season Feb. 5 with impressive business numbers.
Sacred Kingdom upheld local dominance Dec. 13 in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I) at Sha Tin by regaining the title he won so impressively two years ago.
Viva Pataca finally achieved his rightful place alongside the greats of Hong Kong racing when he was named Horse of the Year for 2008-09 at the annual Champions Awards.
If a comprehensive defeat at the hands of Sacred Kingdom yesterday dented David Hall's hopes for a repeat win in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) with Absolute Champion, the Australian horseman never let on.
Sacred Kingdom has just one formidable challenge left -- a race against Australian speed ace Miss Andretti at Sha Tin in three weeks time -- and the right result there will see him claim the title of the world's champion sprinter for 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic