The three-day session one portion of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne premier yearling sale ended Feb. 29 in Australia with an increase of 4.3% in the median price from a year ago.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club kicked off its 2011 racing season Feb. 5 with impressive business numbers.
Sacred Kingdom upheld local dominance Dec. 13 in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I) at Sha Tin by regaining the title he won so impressively two years ago.
Viva Pataca finally achieved his rightful place alongside the greats of Hong Kong racing when he was named Horse of the Year for 2008-09 at the annual Champions Awards.
If a comprehensive defeat at the hands of Sacred Kingdom yesterday dented David Hall's hopes for a repeat win in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) with Absolute Champion, the Australian horseman never let on.
Sacred Kingdom has just one formidable challenge left -- a race against Australian speed ace Miss Andretti at Sha Tin in three weeks time -- and the right result there will see him claim the title of the world's champion sprinter for 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag