Chad Schumer's Schumer Bloodstock has purchased four North American stallions/stallion prospects for export to Saudi Arabia.
Sabre d'Argent, a half-brother to successful young sire Exchange Rate, is relocating to Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla., where he will stand for $5,000.
English Channel leads a stellar cast in the $400,000 Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) on the Belmont Park turf Saturday, the race that precedes the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
After watching Better Talk Now's grand stretch kick compromised by a slow pace in last year's $250,000 Comp USA/Toshiba Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT), trainer Graham Motion is more surprised than anyone that he will saddle the 2004 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) champion for Saturday's Pimlico renewal.
Red Oak Stable's Foreverness snapped a nine-race losing streak when he rallied off a ground-saving trip to win the $109,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Aqueduct in New York's first graded turf stakes race of 2006.
With forecasts calling for a strong chance of thunderstorms Saturday, five of the 11 horses entered for the $100,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) – the first scheduled turf stakes event of the season at Aqueduct – are present for the main track only.
Midnight Cry Stable's 4-year-old Brazilian-bred Einstein, seeking his fourth straight win this meeting on the Gulfstream Park turf, is the probable favorite in the $150,000 Captain Morgan Pan American Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby