Agave Kiss extended her undefeated record to four races with a three-length triumph in the $150,000 Cicada Stakes (gr. III) at New York's Aqueduct Racecourse March 10.
After a re-vote for the Eclipse Award for apprentice jockey, the award went to Kyle Frey, who got 77 first-place votes.
Jockey Jackie Davis was released from North Shore University Hospital early Jan. 16 after X-rays and scans came back negative following a spill after the conclusion of the ninth race at Aqueduct the previous day.
Jockey Jackie Davis apparently escaped serious injury when she was involved in a spill just past the wire following the ninth race at Aqueduct Jan. 15.
The three finalists in the Eclipse Awards category of Apprentice Jockey are Ryan Curatolo, Kyle Frey and Rosario Montanez.
Because some data presented to voters in the apprentice jockey competition for an Eclipse Award included wins and earnings for one rider after he had lost his apprenticeship, voting in that category will be re-conducted.
Apprentice jockey Ryan Curatolo fractured his clavicle when he fell from his mount, Vision of Jewels, in the fourth race Friday, June 24, at Belmont Park.
Apprentice jockey Ryan Curatolo, who fell from his mount during the post parade for the first race June 19 at Belmont Park, was examined and released from North Shore University Hospital.
Flying Zee Stables' Street Game set an easy pace and never looked back, crushing a good field of 3-year-old turf milers in the $100,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 18 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker