Ender's Sister, with Hall of Fame rider Pat Day in the irons, won the $150,000 Florida Oaks at Tampa Bay Downs on Sunday with an explosive move at the sixteenth pole that swept her to a ¾-length win.
Still fifth with three-sixteenths of a mile remaining, Joe's Son Joey stormed down the middle of the course to win Friday's featured $84,525 Woodford County Stakes at Keeneland.
Jeffrey Nielson's Island Fashion, winner of the Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 16, will head the field for Saturday's running of the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park.
The third-place finish by G. Watts Humphrey's Victory Ride in Saturday's $200,000-added Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II) was to be the final race of the Grade I winner's career.
With both 1 1/8-mile juvenile stakes races at Aqueduct taken off the turf because of rain, One Colony, in the Pilgrim Stakes, and Fircroft, in the Miss Grillo, were victories Sunday.
Storm Flag Flying is the likely favorite heading into Sunday's $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Victory Ride, making her first start since winning last summer's Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, cruised a one-length win in the inaugural $100,000 Madison Stakes at Keeneland Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup