Revolutionary counts the Withers Stakes (gr. III), Louisiana Derby (gr. II), and Pimlico Special (gr. III) among his wins for WinStar Farm and trainer Todd Pletcher.
WinStar Farm's Revolutionary, more than 30 lengths behind early following a heated pace, kicked into gear and circled his eight foes to win the $300,000 Pimlico Special (gr. III) by a neck at Pimlico Race Course May 16.
WinStar Farm's multiple graded stakes winner Revolutionary returned to the races for the first time since the 2013 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with a solid victory Jan. 11 at Gulfstream Park, taking a one mile allowance event.
WinStar Farm's Revolutionary took the overland route to victory in the March 30 Louisiana Derby (gr. II), closing with a five-wide run and holding off the late charge of 19-1 shot Mylute in the final furlong at Fair Grounds.
Louisiana Derby (gr. II) morning line favorite Revolutionary has continued the graded stakes-winning tradition that has lasted in his female family for three profitable generations.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Making his 2013 debut, War Pass' son Revolutionary produced a remarkable performance, weaving through traffic to score a last-to-first victory in the Withers Stakes.
What WinStar Farm's Revolutionary lacks in seasoning he made up for in heart at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2, closing late with a tremendously game effort to win the $200,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) by a neck.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test