No matter how hard he tried, Vancouver British Columbia Racing Hall of Fame trainer Dave Forster was not able to dissuade his oldest son from pursuing a career on the racetrack. Now Grant Forster starts Fantasy (gr. II) runner-up Rugula in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Canadian trainer Grant Forster admitted track conditions at Churchill Downs Friday morning were less than ideal after overnight rain showers, but that didn't stop him from working out probable Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rugula.
Rapidly developing Round Pond accelerated away from the leaders in upper stretch to record an impressive victory in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park for trainer John Servis and jockey Stewart Elliott.
Grade I winner Sharp Lisa, a star in Southern California this spring, heads a talented field of 3-year-old fillies in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided