No matter how hard he tried, Vancouver British Columbia Racing Hall of Fame trainer Dave Forster was not able to dissuade his oldest son from pursuing a career on the racetrack. Now Grant Forster starts Fantasy (gr. II) runner-up Rugula in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Canadian trainer Grant Forster admitted track conditions at Churchill Downs Friday morning were less than ideal after overnight rain showers, but that didn't stop him from working out probable Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rugula.
Rapidly developing Round Pond accelerated away from the leaders in upper stretch to record an impressive victory in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park for trainer John Servis and jockey Stewart Elliott.
Grade I winner Sharp Lisa, a star in Southern California this spring, heads a talented field of 3-year-old fillies in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin