Rigney Racing's gelded son of Purim gets his first win since October 2013 and breaks the dry spell with his first stakes win in graded company.
Black Fighter became the first Azerbaijani-bred winner in the U.S. when the 3-year-old colt captured a maiden claiming test as the favorite Jan. 19 at Turfway Park.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens rode the first winner of his newly-launched comeback Jan. 12, getting the job done aboard Glen Hill Farm's Branding at Santa Anita Park.
J. W. Singer's Teeth of the Dog ran like an even-money favorite should, gamely holding off a late challenge from Fast Falcon to take the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) June 30 at Belmont Park.
Teeth of the Dog, a 15-1 shot for the May 19 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), was bred by a farm with roots in Azerbaijan.
The first reported foal by dual champion Lookin At Lucky is a filly born Jan. 16 at Royal Pegasus near Lexington.
Don Gato, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat, will stand in 2012 at Royal Pegasus near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut