Kentucky Downs has designated its Sept. 24 card as Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation Day in support of a leading source of veterinary research for horses.
The action picked up early during the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11 when three yearlings each brought more than $1 million in quick succession.
Magdalena Racing's Pure Fun returned from a five-month layoff in style with an off-the-pace victory in the $202,300 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Indiana Downs Oct. 5.
Pure Fun, the lone shipper in this year's grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes, turned in an electric performance in rallying from last at the quarter pole to win by one length Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The final turf racing day of the Woodbine season was a success for jockey Jono Jones and for longshot players.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Violette: NY Exercise Riders Still Covered
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot