Keeneland's January sale featured a robust upper market in Book 1, but that didn't prevent declines in average and median at the end of the five-day auction, which saw a continuation of 2015's finicky market.
Kentucky Downs has designated its Sept. 24 card as Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation Day in support of a leading source of veterinary research for horses.
The action picked up early during the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11 when three yearlings each brought more than $1 million in quick succession.
Magdalena Racing's Pure Fun returned from a five-month layoff in style with an off-the-pace victory in the $202,300 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Indiana Downs Oct. 5.
Pure Fun, the lone shipper in this year's grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes, turned in an electric performance in rallying from last at the quarter pole to win by one length Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The final turf racing day of the Woodbine season was a success for jockey Jono Jones and for longshot players.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC