Schiaparelli, winner of the July 6 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) at Betfair Hollywood Park, has been retired.
Favored Schiaparelli, making her first start around two turns, held on gamely in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park for her initial graded stakes score.
With the top turf mares in Southern California missing the race, My Gi Gi is the 121-pound highweight in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
A two-time group I winner and Horse of the Year in her native Brazil, Celtic Princess finally notched her first stakes win in the United States in her sixth try, handily taking the Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 4.
Harmonious returns to her preferred turf course July 4 when she makes her first start in nearly five months in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park.
Even though defending champion Tuscan Evening is awaiting a stakes date at Arlington Park, trainer Jerry Hollendorfer has a chance to win the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) for a second year in a row July 3.
Tuscan Evening had the pacesetting Patricia's Gem in her sights all the way, finally edging past her in the final 50 yards and winning a sprint to the wire by a nose in the $250,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf July 11.
Tuscan Evening, winner of four of five starts this year since being transferred to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer from the British Isles by owner William de Burgh, goes for her first graded win in the $250,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 11 at Hollywood Park.
Hollywood Park has scheduled $8 million in stakes for its 2009 spring/summer meet. Three graded events have been cut from the schedule to help preserve overnight purses, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes