See the past Breeders' Cup Mile winners from Royal Heroine to Goldikova. view slideshow
Hollywood Park announced Friday that it will be adding a lucrative race for fillies and mares three and up to go along with the American Oaks (gr. I) in July, building a big weekend of races at the Inglewood, Calif. racetrack.
The presence of Juddmonte Farms' grade I winner Intercontinental scared off half the rivals entered for Sunday's $200,000 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) and the 3-5 favorite showed the other half why, registering an easy victory on the Hollywood Park turf.
Ticker Tape, winner of the 2004 American Oaks (gr. IT), will be reunited with jockey Kent Desormeaux Sunday when facing eight other fillies and mares in the $200,000 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) at one mile on the Hollywood Park turf.
New Zealand-bred Janeian took command near the eighth pole and easily held off the challenge of favored Katdogawn to win the $100,000-added Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Trainer Paulo Lobo said Wednesday that a cut Pico Central suffered on a foreleg while winning the Metropolitan Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park on May 31 is healing well, and the 4-year-old Brazilian-bred colt is nearing a return to the track.
Larry Ryan, breeder of 1984 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Royal Heroine and a former chairman of the Irish National Stud, has died.
Sheik Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum's Magic Mission ended her seven-race losing streak at Hollywood Park Saturday, circling the field coming out of the turn for home to score an upset in $112,200 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares by a head over Little Treasure.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day