Revved Up and Soldier's Dancer, who staged a stirring stretch battle in the Bonnie Heath Turf Cup at Calder Race Course one month ago, square off again in the $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) Dec. 15.
One of these days, 9-year-old gelding Revved Up will have had enough. But based on recent performances, that time is nowhere in the near future. The Live Oak Plantation homebred is the favorite in the $300,000 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-IIT) Sept. 23, a 1 3/8-mile test on the Woodbine turf that will include 11 challengers, seven of them geldings.
Seven horses, including four Sovereign Award winners, lock horns in the Eclipse Stakes (Can-III), one of 10 races on a special holiday Monday program at Woodbine.
Favored Shillelagh Slew made a strong case as Canada's champion 3-year-old in 2006 with a dominating 7 1/4-length win in Sunday's $179,278 Ontario Derby (Can-III) on the all-weather track at Woodbine.
Stronach Stables' Royal Challenger rallied from last to first to win Sunday's $500,000 Breeders' Stakes, the third jewel of Canada's Triple Crown on the Woodbine turf course.
Shillelagh Slew will attempt to win his second Canadian Triple Crown event in a row on Sunday in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes, a 12-furlong event over Woodbine's E.P. Taylor Turf Course.
Stronach Stable and jockey Todd Kabel have appealed separately to the Ontario Racing Commission the Fort Erie stewards decision to disqualify Malakoff from Sunday's $500,000 Prince of Wales.
Queen's Plate winner Edenwold is the 5-2 morning line favorite entered for the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Fort Erie Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback