Million-dollar earner Bribon was the class play in the $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III), and the grade I winner lived up to his reputation with a stylish 1 3/4-length win Oct. 30 at Belmont Park.
Last year's Met Mile winner rallies to win the six-furlong grade II race on the Belmont Stakes undercard in 1:09.63.
Favored Bribon used a huge sweeping move on the turn to open a big lead in the stretch en route to his first graded stakes win in the $110,000 Westchester (gr. III) April 29 as Belmont Park opened its 2009 spring/summer meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired