ble's Freefourinternet circled a wall of horses in the stretch and held off an unlucky Proud Man by a nose in the closing strides to post a 20-1 surprise in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park turf Saturday.
Darley Stable's Millennium Dragon, a two-time winner on the Belmont Park Widener Turf course, has an edge in Saturday's $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile.
Volponi needed a victory Saturday, but his connections weren't counting on having to beat 16-1 Della Francesca in the $209,600 Belmont Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT).
Pont Street Stable's Tap The Admiral, winner of Churchill Downs' Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. II) in July, was one of 12 horses entered in the $200,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/16 mile on the turf.
Finding a hole off the rail just after turning for home, Trademark showed a devastating kick while rallying to win the 45th running of the Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Friday.
A showdown between veteran star With Anticipation and exciting French newcomer Rouvres is expected to provided added sizzle in Saturday's $300,000-added Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs.
Glen C. Warren's surprising Candid Glen moved to the front in the stretch and held off a stampede to the wire by a neck to score a stunning 84-1 upset in Sunday's $650,000 Explosive Bid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds.
Enhancements in purse and graded status over the past four years have made the $650,000 Explosive Bid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds an attractive race for shippers from across the country.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House