A Lope de Vega colt from the family of English and Irish group I winner Rizeena topped the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 24, bringing 325,000 guineas ($535,921 in United States funds).
Rizeena, a disappointing classic starter last time out, repelled strong bids from Lesstalk In Paris and Euro Charline to win the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies June 20 at Royal Ascot.
The number of horses sold rose 25.6% from 2008 and the gross revenue increased 11.2% during the opening session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England Oct. 12. Meanwhile, the average price fell 11.5% while the median price declined 16.7%.
Day one of Tattersalls' October sale in England produced a 122,701 guineas average, up by 2% from 2005, and an 80,000 guineas median, up by 19%.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint