After a strong 2-year-old sales season, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky hopes to build on last year's July sale that saw a 16.3% increase in average price to $81,291 and a 15.1% spike in gross to $15,364,000.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale posted first-session results for revenue and average Monday that didn't change dramatically from 2004's figures, but the buy-back rate rose sharply.
She used to be known as the "Bag Lady" at the Kentucky sales because she catered lunches for barn help. But Monday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction, Rosilyn Polan was rolling in dough.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot