Trainer C.R. Trout's homebred grade I winner Shotgun Gulch has been retired from racing because of a cracked sesamoid in her left front leg suffered during a workout.
Shotgun Gulch passed favored Amen Hallelujah in deep stretch to post an 11-1 upset in the $300,000 Vinery Madison (gr. I) April 14 at Keeneland.
Peach Brew, who won two stakes last year, including the Arlington Oaks (gr. III), was named Horse of the Year and top 3-year-old female by the Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan