Trainer C.R. Trout's homebred grade I winner Shotgun Gulch has been retired from racing because of a cracked sesamoid in her left front leg suffered during a workout.
Shotgun Gulch passed favored Amen Hallelujah in deep stretch to post an 11-1 upset in the $300,000 Vinery Madison (gr. I) April 14 at Keeneland.
Peach Brew, who won two stakes last year, including the Arlington Oaks (gr. III), was named Horse of the Year and top 3-year-old female by the Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017