Jockey Tammi Piermarini, who last year became just the fifth woman to reach the 2,000-win milestone, recorded three victories Monday at Suffolk Downs to surpass Patti Cooksey as the third-leading female rider of all-time.
Jockey Tammi Piermarini became the fifth female rider in Thoroughbred racing history to reach the 2,000 win mark when she won the third race at Suffolk Downs Aug. 22 aboard Sugar Trade.
No Inflation notched the first added-money victory of his career when he scored by 6 1/4 lengths in the $250,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 at Delaware Park. Ridden by Rosemary Homesister Jr., the Repriced gelding grabbed the lead soon after the start and, while being stalked by Dr Large, set fractions of :24.29 for the first quarter mile and :48.35 for the half. No Inflation started pulling away in the turn for home and never was challenged as he approached the wire.
Four-year-old filly New Economy and local jockey Rosemary Homeister, Jr. teamed up at Calder to take the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) at 12 furlongs on the turf Saturday, part of the Grand Slam II program.
Super Frolic, with substitute rider Abel Catellano Jr. aboard, overwhelmed favored Trust N Luck in the stretch run of the $100,000 Foolish Pleasure Stakes at Calder Saturday, winning by 4 1/2 lengths.
Jockey Rosemary Homeister was dismounted from her horse, Jolie Good, in Calder's first race Friday after the 2-year-old filly swerved sharply to the left after leaving the starting gate from post position number one.
Calder-based jockey Rosemary Homeister not only became the first female rider in Puerto Rico's Clasico de Caribe, but she also became the first of her sex to win the race when it was renewed for the 34th time Sunday at El Comandante Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes