Sci Fin Kin, dam of grade II winner Pretty Unusual, tops the Jan. 23 Barretts January mixed sale. The auction's average rises 14.2% over last year's figure.
Grade I winner You and I, sire of millionaire filly You, and other stallions Golden Gear and D's Bertrando will be relocated to Sue Hubbard and Associates near Creston, Calif.
- By Jack Shinar
Northern California's Blooming Hills Inc., a full service breeding farm operated by Fran and Ron Stolich since 1979, has been sold to Pete Parella, who formerly owned Legacy Ranch in Chino, Calif.
Cherokee Colony, a grade I winner who sired 10 stakes winners, died last week at the University of California at Davis Veterinary Hospital after suffering an internal rupture.
Officer, a grade I winner who stands at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington, Ky., was represented by his first foal, a filly, born Jan. 26 at Ron and Fran Stolich's Blooming Hills Farm near Clements, Calif.
Successful stallion You and I, sire of millionaire You, will stand in 2004 at Ron and Fran Stolich's Blooming Hills near Clements, Calif., for a fee of $6,500.
Ron and Fran Stolich have purchased grade II winner Golden Gear for stallion duty at their Blooming Hills near Clements, Calif.
Two-year-old bay colt Head of the House won a maiden special weight race for 2-year-olds at Hollywood Park Wednesday to become the first winner for the stallion Free House.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner