Sci Fin Kin, dam of grade II winner Pretty Unusual, tops the Jan. 23 Barretts January mixed sale. The auction's average rises 14.2% over last year's figure.
Grade I winner You and I, sire of millionaire filly You, and other stallions Golden Gear and D's Bertrando will be relocated to Sue Hubbard and Associates near Creston, Calif.
- By Jack Shinar
Northern California's Blooming Hills Inc., a full service breeding farm operated by Fran and Ron Stolich since 1979, has been sold to Pete Parella, who formerly owned Legacy Ranch in Chino, Calif.
Cherokee Colony, a grade I winner who sired 10 stakes winners, died last week at the University of California at Davis Veterinary Hospital after suffering an internal rupture.
Officer, a grade I winner who stands at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington, Ky., was represented by his first foal, a filly, born Jan. 26 at Ron and Fran Stolich's Blooming Hills Farm near Clements, Calif.
Successful stallion You and I, sire of millionaire You, will stand in 2004 at Ron and Fran Stolich's Blooming Hills near Clements, Calif., for a fee of $6,500.
Ron and Fran Stolich have purchased grade II winner Golden Gear for stallion duty at their Blooming Hills near Clements, Calif.
Two-year-old bay colt Head of the House won a maiden special weight race for 2-year-olds at Hollywood Park Wednesday to become the first winner for the stallion Free House.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby